Biotechnology Account Manager - Code: 2339
Biotech Account Managers (BAMs) drive new business development within the biotech industry for Nikon Instruments. Specifically, BAMs forge healthy internal relationships with BSSs, AISs, and other Nikon representatives to turn short-term biotechnology transactions into long-term strategic partnerships. BAMs uncover national and local business opportunities with qualified biotechnology companies that need microscopy and imaging products/services. BAMs gain access to C-suite biotech leadership by growing rapport with lab level contacts that trust them as critical thinkers and problem solvers. Rapport grows from in-person, concierge service and consistent contact with prospects and clients. C-suite leadership work with BAMs because they are disruptors and thought leaders; BAMs make them think about their business differently and help solve complex business problems. In sum, BAMs represent Nikon Instruments at the highest levels the biotech industry; they are polished, prepared, and persistent professionals.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Main responsibility is to develop business within Biotechnology & Pharma accounts through sales, business development, and partnerships
- Integrate fluidly with BSS, AIS, ABS, Regional Managers, and National Managers to negotiate opportunities & partnerships with C-Suite/decision maker personnel of key accounts
- Help research and business decision makers solve imaging & business-related challenges from throughput requirements to bottlenecks in the purchasing process
- Work with local teams to target, prospect, and develop new opportunities, as well as, identify and develop existing accounts
- Single point of contact for C-suite, VP, and other decision maker personnel within accounts
Education, skills & experience:
- B.S. in Bioscience or related field
- M.S. or Ph.D. preferred but not required
- Current, valid Driver license
- Customer Service /Sales Experience Preferred/& or Business Development
- Sales experience in scientific and optical instrumentation highly preferred, but not required.
- Hands-on experience with microscopy applications preferred
- Knowledge of Nikon-specific Instrumentation and Operation highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of microscopy and scientific instruments
- Hands-on high-performance imaging applications experience including confocal and super resolution highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Preference for hands-on NIS Elements Software experience
- Ability to assemble and operate custom computer workstations
- Preference for experience with networking and connectivity
- Introductory programming experience highly preferred
- Mechanical aptitude for instrument assembly and integration
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to communicate internally and externally, representing the Company professionally and effectively to customers and other external sources.
- Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products in the imaging field
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Strong critical thinking
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Ability to apply new knowledge gained for setting up and preparing for demonstrations and installations.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40bs
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to drive, utilize public transportation, travel by air, including overnight hotel stays, up to ~50% (varies by territory and project)
- Ability to routinely access and visit customer sites to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales (Up to 90% field work at customer sites)
- Capability to prioritize and multi-task, managing multiple projects of varying magnitudes and velocities
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others in a team selling environment, and maintain them over time.
- Developing and Building Teams — Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Providing Consultation and Advice to Others — Providing guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems-, or process-related topics.
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others — Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.
The salary for this position is $80,000 annual base plus commission.Submit Resume