Service Contract Specialist - Code: 2312
Responsible for providing support to the Technical Service Department in all aspects of customer service relating to Service Contract and Subscription Coverage Agreements procurement. Prepare contractual agreements using current research methods and knowledge of a customer’s requirements. Oversee and facilitate the completion and submission of bids and proposals of all kinds for purchases from Federal, state, and local Governmental agencies; educational and healthcare institutions; and research, clinical and BioTech facilities. Provide support in a timely manner to customers, Nikon Sales staff and other inquiries for technical service support or Service/Subscription Agreement requests. Process all aspects of Service Agreements and Subscription Coverage Agreements and maintain accurate records. Assist as needed in other areas of overall Service Department support. Prepare contractual agreements using current research methods and a knowledge of a client's needs.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Assist in the support to the Technical Service Department in all aspects of customer service with focus relating to Service Contract and Subscription Coverage Agreements procurement in order to achieve/increase Service Department monthly budget goals.
- Review contract terms and conditions to verify that they are in compliance with company policies and all applicable federal and state regulations.
- Possesses superior organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with shifting deadlines.
- Assist in processing all aspects of Service & Subscription Coverage Agreements and maintain accurate records.
- Assist in processing of Extended Warranty Contracts for Confocal and Super Resolution Imaging Systems; prepare quotes for customers, generate and distribute Service Agreements for signature.
- Assist in processing of Biotech Subscription Coverage Agreements; prepare quotes for customers, generate and distribute Subscription Coverage Agreements for signature.
- Work with purchasing agents and contract procurement agents to secure Service Contracts and Subscription Coverage Agreements purchase orders.
- Assist in processing of Service Contract and Subscription Coverage Agreements invoicing (new PO’s, annual / quarterly) billings in SAP.
- Document and log in Service Contract and Subscription Coverage Agreements information into Salesforce.
- Provide assistance in reviewing various proposals and sales quotes for Confocal and other State, Industry, University orders.
- Maintain PM Service history and process related invoicing in SAP.
- Maintain Build Record Installation Forms in Sales Force.
- Assist in sole source requirements (completion of required documentation or submission of sole source letters).
- Prepare daily reports for Service Management as needed or when requested.
- Assist as needed with Authorized Repair Station agreements and account setups.
- Interact with other Nikon Departments: Sales Administration, Purchasing, Consignment, etc.
- Other duties as required or needed.
Education, skills & experience:
- Two- or four-year degree (Business or related field)
- 4 + years of experience in contract administration preferably within a Service Department environment.
- Familiarity with government contracts and other contract vehicles
- Working understanding of SAP and Salesforce preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of formal and informal bid response requirements and formats
- Strong comprehensive knowledge of procurement regulations and legal terminology. Essential skills for this role are excellent command of verbal and written English and a strong attention to detail.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Customer Service experience in high output environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) SAP/ BW reporting skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to use independent judgement and decision making required
- Ability to work under pressure and accomplish objectives with strict deadlines
- Strong ability to read and assess bid terms and conditions for reasonableness and general adherence to company policy and standard practice
- Ability to communicate information verbally and in writing so that others will understand.
- Ability to consistently maintain a professional and an approachable demeanor across the Company including but not limited to; employees, co-workers, management, and customer liaisons.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work outside of regularly scheduled work hours as needed.
Compensation depends on a variety of factors including but not limited to; knowledge, skills, experience, education and location. The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $80,000 annually.Submit Resume