Biosystems Service and QC Specialist - Code: 2314
The Biosystems Service and QC Specialist will based out of the Nikon Instruments Service and Operations Center, and perform both in-house and field install and repair of Biosystems equipment. Assemble, align, and calibrate incoming confocal systems according to customer specifications and perform designated quality control checks. Provide remote support to customers and NII field sales personnel for service related problems with Biosystems equipment.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Assemble and align incoming confocal systems and perform designated QC checks.
- Assemble, calibrate, and adjust laser fixtures and lasers.
- Integrate computers and software packages to allow both application specific visual data output and recording.
- Assist in conforming confocal image output and data to specific customer application needs.
- Assist with installations for sales demonstrations.
- Perform on-site repairs at customer facilities.
- Perform remote support activities (e.g., Cisco Webex or Zoom) to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve service related problems.
- Communicate, troubleshoot, and solve any service related problems with customers or sales personnel.
- Routinely access customer sites for field installations.
- Unpack and assemble confocal components and repack for shipment.
- Work outside normal hours of operation, as needed, in order to fulfill essential functions and responsibilities.
- Work with other NII Service Personnel to assist and resolve product line issues and questions for field service personnel and other Nikon employees and sales representatives.
- All other duties as required or needed.
- Attend sales meetings, training programs, workshops, seminars, and trade shows as needed
- Attend and/or conduct training courses and seminars as needed
Education, skills & experience:
• 5-8 years’ experience in related Confocal applications on Biosystems.
• BS required (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred).
• Ph.D. not required but preferred.
• Current, valid driver license.
• Experience with MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Advanced knowledge of computer hardware and software.
• Strong knowledge of microscopy and scientific instruments.
• Strong mechanical and electrical knowledge, optical instrumentation preferred.
• Demonstrated communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 30lbs.
• Ability to travel up to 80% (overnight travel included).
• Ability to work outside of regularly scheduled work hours as needed.
• Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time.
• Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
• Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble small and large objects.
Compensation depends on a variety of factors including but not limited to; knowledge, skills, experience, degrees and location. The salary range for this position is $87,750 - $130,000 annually.Submit Resume