Bioscience Sales Specialist (Boston) - Code: 2310
Overall responsibility is to increase sales, market penetration and achieve sales budget by establishing sound business plans to achieve dollar volume and goals. Sell direct to end-users, execute sales plan and achieve established sales goals. Perform proper account management and ensure representation of Microscopy and Imaging Products. Keep Regional or Area Sales Manager apprised of sales, marketing and product activity. This is a role providing essential service support in the biology, educational, and clinical community to further the development, applications, and knowledge of microscopy and microbiology. The employee spends significant amounts of time working in laboratories at universities, hospitals, colleges and other related biomedical institutions.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Develop strategic sales plan for sales region and ensure achievement of sales budget and product mix.
- Expand sales channels to increase market penetration in designated product areas and markets.
- Provide applications and technical expertise on all product lines to build sales and support dealers within assigned region.
- Maintain current customer database information for respective territory.
- Monitor daily/monthly orders and provide accurate account information to Regional or Area Sales Manager.
- Provide demonstrations, installations and training to end-users of product technology and applications.
- Maintain effective dealer and customer relations.
- Submit reports providing critical sales data including but not limited to sales activity, daily activity log, business trends and competitive activity.
- Attend sales meetings, training, workshops seminars and trade shows as required
- Monitor all incoming inquiries via telephone and e-mail and ensure timely response.
- Work outside of normal hours of operation, as needed, in order to fulfill essential functions and responsibilities.
- Maintain proper reporting for expenses and consignment.
- Report and maintain sales pipeline report and report to Sales Manager.
- Provide sales activity information to sale management and headquarters. This shall include win/loss reports, quality issues, business trends and unique applications.
- Maintain customer database.
- Provide weekly or monthly reports as requested by management or headquarters.
- All other duties as required or needed
Education, skills & experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a clinical and optical instrumentation environment preferred
- BS degree is preferred
- Current, valid driver license
- Experience with MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Experience with Customer Relations Management Software, such as Salesforce.com is a plus
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Knowledge of microscopy and scientific instruments preferred
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate internally and externally, representing the Company to customers and other external sources.
- Demonstrated experience delivering effective presentations
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25lbs
- Ability to travel, overnight, 20%
- Ability to visit establishments to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales
- Ability to work outside of regularly scheduled work hours as needed
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time.