Advanced Imaging Specialist (Mid-West) - Code: 2298
Increase sales, maximize market penetration and achieve sales budget by promoting Nikon imaging solutions and providing technical and application knowledge in a team sales environment. Effectively sell directly to end users in the Academic and Biomedical Research Market and achieve established sales budget goals though product promotion, demonstration, and proposals, acting as a Brand Ambassador for Nikon Microscopy and Imaging products. Formulate and demonstrate software solutions with all applicable platforms, specifically focused on Nikon’s NIS-Elements Software, with outstanding skills of integrating systems and imaging functions including experimental design, imaging acquisition, processing, analysis, display, and data management. Regularly report sales activity and market conditions to Regional or Area Manager.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Conduct research, along with biomedical engineers, life scientists, chemists and medical scientists, on the engineering aspects
of the biological systems of humans and animals.
- Adapt or design imaging solutions, computer hardware or software for medical science, academic, and biomedical users and
- Responsible for the technical components of driving advanced imaging sales. Execute a strategic sales plan to achieve sales
budget and product mix goals for territory. Work effectively in a self-directed manner without direct, daily supervision.
- Expand sales channels to increase market penetration in designated product areas and markets through individual actions as
well as a part of a coordinated sales team.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of current high-level applications and product offerings, including Nikon hardware and
software solutions, with ability to perform the necessary functions required to successfully demonstrate and support customer
- Coordinate sales and support efforts with local team with effective communication, time management and prioritization.
- Provide effective and persuasive product demonstrations in a competitive sales environment.
- Write documents describing protocols, policies, standards for use, maintenance, and repair of biology and biomedical imaging
- Conduct training to educate users (engineers, academics, clinicians) and other personnel on proper use of imaging equipment.
- Perform detailed and customer-oriented support and training sessions for all imaging products.
- Lead the process of preparing customer data reviews, proposals and presentations.
- Ensure excellent Customer Service outcomes through personal actions and effective resource utilization
- Submit reports providing critical sales data including but not limited to overall sales activity, daily activity log, business trends
and competitive market activity.
- Attend and actively participate in company activities, including sales meetings, training classes, workshops, seminars and trade
shows as required.
- Monitor all incoming inquiries via telephone and e-mail and ensure timely response. Act with a sense of business urgency and
in accordance with company timelines.
- Remain up to date technically and apply updated knowledge/skills during installations and demonstrations
- Perform administrative and recordkeeping responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner:
- Strategic Opportunity and Call Planning
- Expense Reports
- Consignment Inventory/Demo Equipment Recordkeeping
- Expenses and Mileage recordkeeping
- Periodic (Weekly/Monthly) Status and Production Reports
- Sales Forecasting and Planning
- Other Duties as assigned
Education, skills & experience:
- B.S. in Bioscience or related field
- M.S. or Ph.D. preferred but not required
- Current, valid Driver license
- Customer Service and/or Sales Experience Preferred
- Sales experience in scientific and optical instrumentation highly preferred, but not required.
- Hands-on experience with microscopy applications preferred
- Knowledge of Nikon-specific Instrumentation and Operation highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of microscopy and scientific instruments
- Hands-on high-performance imaging applications experience including confocal and super resolution highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Preference for hands-on NIS Elements Software experience
- Ability to assemble and operate custom computer workstations
- Preference for experience with networking and connectivity
- Introductory programming experience highly preferred
- Mechanical aptitude for instrument assembly and integration
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to communicate internally and externally, representing the Company
professionally and effectively to customers and other external sources.
- Developing, designing, or creating new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products in the imaging field
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems — Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve
- Strong critical thinking
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Ability to apply new knowledge gained for setting up and preparing for demonstrations and installations.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to drive, utilize public transportation, travel by air, including overnight hotel stays, up to ~50% (varies by territory and project)
- Ability to routinely access and visit customer sites to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales (Up to 90% field work
at customer sites).
- Capability to prioritize and multi-task, managing multiple projects of varying magnitudes and velocities.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others in a team selling environment, and
maintain them over time.
- Developing and Building Teams — Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team
- Providing Consultation and Advice to Others — Providing guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on
technical, systems-, or process-related topics.
- Coordinating the Work and Activities of Others — Getting members of a group to work together to accomplish tasks.