Area Manager - Mid-West Region - Code: 2272
Manager the sales of products in the Mid-West (West) Region to ensure maximum profitability toward sales goals. Manage several different key areas as well as the selection and development of dealers.
Manage investments, expenses, profit and facilities to reach planned targets. Attract, motivate, develop and retain qualified personnel to fulfill needed positions within the organization.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Develop Sales plan to achieve sales and product mix budgets by quarter and year for all products families.
- Work with team and National Manager to find and develop new sales opportunities within sales region. This should include all families of Nikon products.
- Work with team to contact sales leads, administer effective follow up techniques, and keep Salesforce opportunities current.
- Work with team helping to Schedule and attend demonstration of system sales– AX, Spinning Disk, etc.
- Assure teams providing Install and customer training and support on all Products sold.
- Maintain knowledge of all products. Stay informed with current developing technologies in the field. Also maintain knowledge of current applications and how products relate to them.
- Maintain contact with key customers and help develop Nikon COE and Northwestern Nikon Imaging center in territory.
- Monitor price quotations in Salesforce along with sales team for all system and large dollar sales.
- Assure delivery and follow up on these quotations in a timely manner to maximize effectiveness
- Interface with vendors and regional ABS to maintain current knowledge of new and current products.
- Coordinate the sales efforts of BSS and AIS and product team for all imaging and confocal sales opportunities.
- Supervise team’s administration of consignment inventory and demo accounts. Manage and monitor expenses. Maximize efforts to maintain appropriate T&E. Maximize efficiency of travel.
- Work with Regional Manager, National Manager and Product Management teams to further improve the marketability of current and new Products and technologies
- Recommend improvements and provide feedback to product management on emerging technologies and applications via Regional and National sales managers.
- Work outside of normal hours of operation, as needed, in order to fulfill essential functions and responsibilities.
- Maintain proper reporting for expenses and consignment.
- Enforce the Consignment Inventory and Employee Responsibility Policy for respective staff members.
- Report and maintain sales opportunities weekly in Salesforce and report to Sr. National Sales Manager.
- Provide sales activity information to sale management and headquarters. This shall include win/loss reports, quality issues, business trends and unique applications.
- Help develop and maintain customer database.
- Provide weekly or monthly reports as requested by management or headquarters.
- Attend sales meetings, training programs, workshops, seminars and trade shows as required.
- All other duties as required or needed
Education, skills & experience:
- B.S. Business/Marketing, or PhD. Preferred
- 4+ years sales and marketing experience in a scientific and optical instrumentation environment preferred
- Current, Valid Driver License
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- MS Outlook
- SAP, preferred
- Strong knowledge of microscopy and scientific instruments required
- Strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work outside of regularly scheduled work hours as needed
- Ability to travel to and from multiple work locations