Biosystems Service Specialist (Field Service Engineer) - Code: 2233
WORK FOR A GLOBALLY RECOGNIZED WORLD LEADER! If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon. Today Nikon is a world-renowned brand, firmly established as a market leader in optical instrumentation and the only microscope company to manufacture its own glass, ensuring the very finest quality assurance throughout production. With over 90 years expertise in the field, Nikon has always been at the forefront of optical and technological innovation, promoting creativity and trustworthiness as part of the company's global mission statement.
As the Biosystems Service Specialist you will install and repair Biosystems equipment at customer sites. Assist sales personnel with installs for sales demonstrations. Assemble, calibrate and adjust equipment and define and install software applications to conform to customized customer application needs. Perform on-site repairs at customer facilities as needed.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Assemble confocal systems; calibrate and adjust laser fixtures and lasers.
- Define and install software applications.
- Integrate computers to allow both application specific visual data output and recording.
- Assist in conforming confocal image output and data to specific customer application needs.
- Assist with installations for sales demonstrations.
- Perform on-site repairs at customer facilities.
- Communicate, troubleshoot and solve any service related problems with customers or sales personnel.
- Assist customers/users in establishing data and communication links to ensure files can be transmitted to servers/networks.
- Routinely access customer sites for field installations
- Attend sales meetings, training programs, workshops, seminars and trade shows
- Unpack and assemble confocal components and repack for shipment.
- Assist in assembly, alignment and quality control of incoming systems.
- Attend and/or conduct training courses and seminars as needed.
- All other duties as required or needed.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent mechanical and electrical knowledge, optical instrumentation preferred
- Excellent pc skills
- Knowledge of confocal image applications and image adjustment
- Knowledge of related software and networking applications
- Ability to travel up to 75%, including overnight travel
- Ability to work outside of regularly scheduled work hours as needed
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble small and large objects.
- Ability to see details at close range
- Ability to routinely access and visit customer sites and travel to and from multiple work locations.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time.
Education, skills & experience:
- BS required (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Ph.D. preferred
- 5-8 years’ experience in related repair and application experience on Biosystems and Confocal optical/electronic equipment